Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To The Cross

TO THE CROSS..babbie mason/julie adams

A place inside my spirit beckons from a hill.
Sometimes I choose to visit, sometimes against my will.
I take the long and sloping road as though I hear some rooster crow.
And, driven by a prayer, I go to the cross.

Whenever I resist it I am not at rest.
It hovers there inviting me to be a humble guest.
I need it daily, this I know.
So, with my selfish tears in tow, and with my fighting fears, I go to the cross.

And there I lay them down for the Savior's love.
Because He gave His flawless life, I take it up.

And so I will determine this cross to be my friend.
And I will bear it in my heart until my pride is dead.
Part of me will tell it "no," but Christ was there before me.
So, I'll follow faithfully and go to the cross.
I'll follow faithfully and go to the cross.

No comments: