Monday, June 25, 2007

Good Help Is Not So Hard To Find

When you have great friends and a couple of kids good help can be found! We have had what I call "Country Christmas" wallpaper since the day we moved into our home eleven plus years ago. Pink and blue wreaths with a little pink bow on the bottom of each. As the kids say, NASTY! We didn't like it then but getting it down wasn't a top priority. It probably still wouldn't be a big priority for me but Hannah has a way of pushing us when it comes to home decor! So, I put out an email to some girlfriends who had said that whenever I decided to get this wallpaper down to call them and they would join me for a wallpaper tearing down party. I thought it would take most of three or four days but to all of our delight it only took two seven hour days. That was for me alone! When you add up the total hours it was almost 28!! So, had I been on my own it would have been 4 seven hour days. With good help it was only two. Many hands really do make work light and the company is always fun. Everyone came ready to work but better yet they came with light hearts, not begrudgingly! They all wanted to be there. To be honest, when the kids wanted to help I was kind of hesitant. Let's just say they aren't quite as careful and they haven't a clue about the mess they leave behind. But after it was over my old lady, do it my way, attitude changed. They wanted to help! They were so much fun. I had heard from Hannah how funny Sarah Nanke was but I got to experience it first hand. They were funny and cheerful and insanely diligent. If the entire room was done as perfectly as Nanke's wall it would have taken me about 75 man hours. She may need to visit with Pastor Bob about that recovering
perfectionist thing. Ha ha! Just kidding. Thanks so much Tracie, Hannha, Susie, Sarah and Bethany. You guys were more than good help...you were GREAT help. Without a doubt, I know who to call when I am in need a some extra helping hands. And hey...please, give me a call when you need some extra help. I want to be there for you with the same heart that you shared with me. Thanks for reminding me that good help is only a good friend away.


























No comments: