Monday, June 25, 2007

Weir and Mary!

A little over a week ago Dan and I had the honor of attending the wedding of a very precious couple. Weir and Mary Nelson! We have known Weir for many years throught New Covenant Bible Church and have grown to love him a lot. If I could pick a dad, other then my own, Weir would be at the top of my list! He has been a wonderful friend and brother in Chirst. He is known by many as a great prayer warrior and has mentored me simply by example in that area. I am confident that Weir prays for me and my family regularly and that there is nothing he wouldn't do for us if we needed him. We haven't know Mary for nearly as long but she is one of those people that you love the minute you meet her. She is sooooooo sweet. Never does an unbecoming thing come from her lips. I don't know why I didn't think of matching her up with Weir myself? Thank God that He is always ahead of us and His timing and grace is sweet and perfect. One thing that I have prayed for Weir is something that he asked me to pray a handful of years ago. He asked that I would pray that God would superceed over everything in his life. I would say that God answered this prayer and more when He brought Mary into Weir's life.

God! You are so good and so awesome and you care so much for us. May we all pray as Weir asked me to pray for him...that you would superceed over everything in our lives. We know that when you rule in our hearts, that our lives are loaded down with benefits that overwhelm us with awe. Your goodness and your love are for sure everlasting. Amen!
Diane,
Mary,
Weir,
and
I at the
reception
following
the
wedding.

No comments: