Friday, March 16, 2007

Family Fun in Florida

Hurray! Dan and I have arrived in Florida. The kids are still in Cedar Rapids so we have a few days to relax.
Dan has his own chair on the left but he likes the one I made in the sand better...or not. He did try it out though. I thought it was comfy-cozy.
The kids have arrived! We shared lots of hugs.
We saw pretty places.
We saw several softball games....CUI..ra.ra..CUI..ra.ra...who.ra.who.ra. Central! Central!
ra.ra.....
We took several walks along the beach...and even a run. Here Dan, Bethnay and Hannah are having a race.

Hannah is still smiling even though moments earlier she wasn't paying attention as a wave came in, knocked her off her feet and sent her nose first into
the sand. It was a funny sight but it really did hurt the nose. That salt water has no mercy.
We had fun in the waves!
Dan and the kids were much braver then I was. Even though the temperatures were in the 70's while we were there the water was only 60 degrees and it was COLD!
The waves weren't quite large enough to get a good ride on the boogie board but Dan gave it a try.
We were sad to see this beached beluga. Poor thing!
As we got closer we thought it had a familiar face.
Ohhhh! What an adorable little begula.
A family picture.
I don't feel like I have had a great trip to the beach unless I have played in the sand.
Dan, Bethnay and I had lots of fun building this castle.
Good-bye castle and good-bye Florida. Thanks God, for a precious family and the blessings you provide for us. Our trip to Florida was a wonderful gift from you.




1 comment:

koskamper said...

Dad appears to be getting fatter from the great view I just saw when he was sitting in the chair....HAHAHAHA!!! k bye!