Saturday, March 03, 2007

Have You Played With Your Kids Today?

What would we do without our kids? I am going to be lost when they are all gone and I don't have an excuse to play. I will admit that as I get closer and closer to 50, I feel less and less like saying, "Let's go play." Thank God they still ask me and I hope they keep asking because everytime I say yes, I have no regrets. I'm awfully sore some mornings but still, NO REGRETS.
Nothing makes me happier then seeing my kids have fun with their dad. Here Jordan and his dad are fighting for position.....I don't know what for...usually it is just for the sake of puching one another around. It's a guy thing.

It is always exciting playing games with Jordan.
Being the competitor that he is he never lacks for something to say. This was a game of Apples to Apples on New Years Eve. Day. Obviously he disagreed with someone!!
Christmas Eve. Day was obviously beautiful in 2006. Here Dan, his sister Melanie, Jordan and Bethany enjoyed a competitive game of football.
For those of you who know us, you may think the gal in the grey stocking hat is Bethany but you are wrong. It is her Aunt Melanie. Yes..they look a ton alike. Bethany is along the right side of the picture and trying to get the ball to Jordan.








Here Hannah and her friend Susanna are dancing in the kitchen and I was invited to be the official photographer. I have been invited to be the photographer on several of Hannah's photo shoots with her and her friends. It is always a blast.
Jordan and I had a ball this day. We were at Walmart looking for a chair for his room at college. His was a nasty, bent up metal folding chair. We didn't want to buy a chair without first trying it out BUT that was almost impossible because all of the chairs they had were on the top shelf and bolted down to the shelf. Notice I said almost. Jordan decided that he was going to climb up to the top shelf and sit in that chair. I don't know how we got him up there but we did it. I felt like a naughty teenager, laughing as I shoved him up there. I was praying that nobody would see us as we took a few pictures, that we would get him down safely and get the heck out of there.
So the next time your kids ask you if you want to play...DO IT! You'll be glad you did.

No comments: