Thursday, December 14, 2006

Meet Hannah!

This is Hannah! Hannah is my third and youngest child...my second daughter. It seems as though she has been with us forever... and yet... born only yesterday. Neither are true. Hannah is 13 years old. Just today a friend of mine said, "When you came to my house a few weeks ago I wondered who the girl was that you had with you. Then, I realized it was Hannah. She was so sophisticated. She really grew up!" Yes, she certainly has. Hannah is an 8th grader in a middle school, with over nine hundred other 6th -8th grade students.
There are so many things to say about Hannah! Where do I begin? Hannah is a bouquet of beauty and laughter. She is intuitive, sensitive, fun-loving and sweet. She is imaginativeand funny and Hannah has a lot of class. Hannah is always ready to laugh. Hannah loves her friends and has lots of them. She is a loyal friend...a genuine friend. Her many interests have allowed her to enjoy a wide variety of people. It's amazing! Hannah is interested in God, music, cooking, NOT puzzles, shopping, youth group at church, music, travel, photography, interior design, fashion, piano, music, animals, music, acting, real estate, and more. Let's see, did I include music? Hannah is not afraid to try new things. She once had an interest in horses and took horse riding lessons. She was curious about playing the drums so she took drum lessons. She taught herself to play the guitar after one quick lesson from me along with the gift of a chord chart. She has been in Lego League and Video Documentory. She has tried softball, basketball and tennis. Hannah is a serious student and is totally responsible for anything that has to do with her school work and her church activities. She has volunteered in the 3 year old class for over 2 years. My guess, is that there will be many future blogs about Hannah, her friends and her adventures. My fear is that I will be unable to keep up with her. She loves to be on the move.
If I were only allowed one word to describe Hannah I would be hard pressed but the one that comes to mind is pure. I believe that it is Hannah's pure and genuine spirit that makes her so lovable to so many. Hannah is a first class teen who brings blessings of life, love and laughter into our family as well as into the lives of her friends. I love you Hannah! (my little brown braid).
Love, Mom
Dearest Father! Thank you for the gift of Hannah Rebekah, our precious daughter. Her love and beauty touch my life and my heart every day. Her many interests keep our lives full of newness and adventure.She reminds us to keep trying new things and to keep having fun. Who am I that You would bestow such a treasure? Who am I that You would entrust her to my care? She is Your child. She is Your own. I commit her to You to use as You please. Amen.

No comments: